Job TitleCAD Administrator Consultant (Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineer)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
SalaryR25000 to R30000
Job Published18 November 2021
Job Reference No.3928663648
Seeking a Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineer to join a well established company with a focus on drawing approval and data management in a consultant capacity to their customers.
- Working with Customers to assist with the approval process of their designs and drawings with a focus on data integrity and manufacturability, whilst ensuring the maximum levels of Customer satisfaction.
- Provide our Customers the highest quality support within the scope provided by the client with regards to the CAD Approval and checking and reporting on the modelling and drawing techniques used by the CAD users.
- Actively contribute to the creation and delivery of content and the management of content creation of the customers’ CAD and drawing standards to ensure effective and efficient drawing and modeling practices.
- Assist with user training and assistance during implementation and day to day operation of Product Data Management solutions and customization of established systems in order to ensure that the users work within the provided standards.
- You may also be asked to provide training, online, at our premises or on site.
- Training the customers on the use and administration of SOLIDWORKS PDM products.
- Any additional duties / tasks as required by your manager.
Formal Education & Certification
- Degree / BTech in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- CSWP/CSWE (Not mandatory but beneficial).
- Managed a drawing office and its draughtsman.
- ECSA Professional Registration or Candidate registration (Not mandatory but beneficial).
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of CAD, preferably SOLIDWORKS but not limited to.
- Experience in a data management system, preferably SOLIDWORKS PDM but not limited to.
- Exposure to a manufacturing environment.
- 3 – 5 Years engineering experience.
- Simulation experience (Not mandatory but beneficial).
- Basic- PC Hardware Concepts, Technology, and Installation.
- Basic - PC Troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and drawing approvals.
- Strong knowledge in best modelling techniques and attention to detail while enforcing the high standards for the client.
- Experience drawing in SOLIDWORKS.